Internships & Career Services
The College of Physical and Mathematical Sciences would like to help you find an internship.
Benefits of Internships:
- Increase marketability when students graduate
- Gain exposure to real-world problems and issues that may not be found in textbooks or classrooms
- Cultivate work habits, social instincts, adaptability, and creativity in a dynamic world
- Allow students to evaluate specific companies or specific careers prior to committing to full-time employment
- Ease transition from being a student to entering the workforce
- Increase opportunities within a company for faster advancement and growth
- Generate a higher starting salary than non-interns
- Facilitate résumé-building experiences while applying academic concepts and principles
- Provide opportunities to spread the gospel through example and lifestyle in many areas
- Supply hands-on opportunities to work with equipment and technology that may not be available on campus
The College of Physical and Mathematical Sciences has supplemented the University's Career Services with many unique opportunities specific to its own students. On the "Career Placements" page, you can explore a wide range of careers and discover that your education may be applied in business areas not previously considered. We would like to help you identify your interests, locate job and internship opportunities, prepare a résumé, and develop professional interviewing skills.